Pornography is a scourge on our society, and it’s destroying marriages, families, and lives.
The question of whether pornography is a good thing or a bad thing has been debated for generations. Some people believe that pornography is a healthy outlet for sexuality, while others believe it leads to mental health issues and sexual violence. We believe the latter.
Pornography is harmful in many ways. It can cause addiction, promote violence against women, and encourage objectification of women’s bodies. Pornography also has a negative impact on relationships between men and women.
People who watch pornography frequently can become addicted to it because it causes changes in their brain chemistry. When someone watches pornography regularly, their brain starts to release dopamine into their reward system. Dopamine is a chemical that causes feelings of pleasure when released into the brain; however, over time these feelings become less rewarding and more addictive.
This means that people will need to watch more pornography in order to get the same amount of pleasure they used to receive from watching less—which can lead them down a path where they are spending more time with porn than with real-life relationships or activities that bring them joy (or other sources of dopamine).
Pornography is terrible, and here’s why:
1. Pornography can become an obsession.
2. Pornography is very addicting and can ruin every aspect of your life.
3. Pornography can desensitize viewers to violence against women and children, which can lead to real-world sexual assault and rape of women and children, particularly by those who had a history of exposure to pornography in their adolescence or childhood (Bridges & Morokoff 2008).
Pornography can make you feel like you’re not good enough. It can make you feel like there’s something wrong with you if you don’t want to look at porn. It can make you feel like your life isn’t worth living unless you look at porn. And the worst part? It’s addictive! Once you start watching it, it takes over your brain and makes it hard for you to think about anything else.
Pornography is bad for your health:
It can cause a number of problems, including but not limited to:
– Low self-esteem
– Mental disorders
– Distorted views of sex and relationships
Check out podcast episode 39 Porn = Poison In Your Marriage That Will Destroy All Areas Of Intimacy
So why should people stop using pornography? Because it’s bad for your health! And because it’s bad for other people’s health—we’re talking about your family members here! While many people think that watching porn is harmless because they don’t see anyone hurt in the videos they watch online (or even in movies), this is a very dangerous assumption because people are actually hurting each other while watching these videos—
6 Things That Can Help You Overcome Pornography
Porn is everywhere—it’s hard to escape. But there are things you can do to overcome pornography, and here are five of them:
1. Talk to your spouse about it, and ask for their support to help you work through things. Be honest with your spouse.
2. Read the Bible or other books that can help you find the strength, and solutions. Also listen to podcasts and articles from people who can help overcome the addiction.
3. Keep your computer and electronics in a place where you can’t do anything in secrecy and others can see openly what you are looking at. Take the opportunities away and you will be less likely to watch or view it.
4. Pray for the help you need. God will hear you and help you.
5. Surround yourself with good people that can be a good influence on you, and help you overcome it.
6. Set restrictions on your phone or computer that won’t allow you to access it.
Viewing pornography is a dangerous habit that is beginning to ruin many lives, marriages and relationships. It destroys your conscience, body image, and overall health and well-being. There are so many reasons why viewing pornography should be avoided completely. It is definitely not worth the consequences. Give it up today and live a better life.
Ultimate Intimacy Blog
For other great resources on how to overcome pornography and create an amazing marriage and sex life, check out the FREE Ultimate Intimacy App today!